April 19, 2016

The 100 Day Project

Started by Elle Luna, I have decided to participate in The 100 Day Project



The object is for 100 continuous days, starting today, April 19, to create something specific everyday -- there should be a goal/ a theme -- and catalog it on your Instagram with a personal hashtag #100Daysof_______ 

You can write, photograph, draw, paint, compose music, dance, digitally design, cook, whatever! 
You can read more about it here
(NOTE: she mentions the date April 6 a lot, but I think that's reposted from last year. It definitely starts today, April 19, so if you want to join, you're not behind!)


MY PROJECT:


I have decided to paint with gouache in a sketchbook for 100 days. 
Why gouache, and what does a sketchbook have to do with it?






Well, I am TERRIBLE at using a sketchbook. Sometimes I use one while on vacation, but mostly I just random scraps of paper that I end up losing or throwing away. (oops)
Keeping a sketchbook to catalog your ideas, thoughts, inspiration, and process is like Artist101. And I am truly failing at it. 

I also want to learn gouache better. I LOVE gouache - it's kind of like a weird hybrid of watercolor and acrylic - but I haven't used it all that much. So my goal is to really play with it, experiment, and just feel much more comfortable with it. 

So there it is. 

My 100 Day Project: 100 Days of Gouache in a Sketchbook. 

 

Here is day 1/100:

 


Follow along with my progress on my Instagram @allevatojm #100DaysofGouacheBook and find many, many more projects via #The100DayProject or join in and do your own! 

Are you interested in participating? 
Comment with your #100Daysof______ so I can find you! 

Happy creating!

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment